Pumpkin Cheese Ball
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME:
- 2-8 ounce tubs vegetable or chive cream cheese, softened
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 red, yellow or orange pepper, finely diced (save the stem)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- Mix cream cheese, green onion, pepper, garlic, black pepper and one cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Spread out a large sheet of plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle about a 1/3 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese onto the plastic wrap where the bottom of the cheese ball will sit.
- Use the remaining shredded cheese on the top and sides to cover the cheese ball.
- Wrap up the cheese ball in an additional layer of plastic wrap.
- Double wrap four large and wide rubber bands to get long indentations for pumpkin shape.
- Place cheese ball into the fridge for a minimum of two hours (overnight is best.)
- When ready, cut off the rubber bands and carefully remove the plastic wrap.
- Then gently push the pepper stem to the top.
- Serve with your favorite buttery crackers.