Stuffed Mini Peppers
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 25 mini bell peppers, washed
- 10 ounces goat or Alouette cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp chives or other herbs, chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium/low heat. Add Panko bread crumbs and saute until crumbs are golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, taking care to leave the stems intact whenever possible (for presentation). Remove spongy ribs and seeds. Arrange peppers on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with remaining 3 tsp olive oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together cheese, cream cheese, herbs and pepper with a fork until well combined. Spoon or pipe the cheese mixture into the hollowed out peppers. Sprinkel toased panko bread crumbs evenly over peppers and bake for 12-15 minutes or until peppers are tender and the cheese is warm.