Creamy Crab Cheesecake
PREP TIME: 0 minutes
SERVES: 20 to 24 servings
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp grated onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp seafood seasoning
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Additional seafood seasoning (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Reduce heat to 325
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add onion, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, hot pepper sauce and pepper; beat just until blended. Fold in crab. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer.
- Spread remaining sour cream over top. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with seafood seasoning if desired.