Vinnie's Stuffed Mushrooms
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
- 24 extra large mushrooms
- 1 lb sweet ground sausage
- 1 tbsp mushroom seasoning
- 1 tsp dry diced onions
- 2 gloves fresh garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry diced garlic
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 shallot onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup seasoned panko bread crumb
- 1 cup parmesan shredded cheese
- Clean, wash mushrooms with cold water. Break mushroom stems from the caps.
- Use an extra small spoon, carve the inside of mushroom caps to be used for stuffing. Be careful not to break mushroom caps.
- Finely chop: mushroom stems, mushroom caps interiors, fresh garlic, shallot onion, fresh parsley. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a non-stick frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Add ground sausage to pan. Break sausage using a fork. Fry sausage for 1-2 minutes. Add previously chopped mushroom stems and cap interiors, shallot onion, fresh parsley. Fry for another 1 minute.
- Add dry diced garlic, diced onion, onion powder, mushroom seasoning, panko bread crumb. Mix well and remove the mushroom stuffing from heat.
- Using a small spoon to fill the large mushroom caps with stuffing. Use the spoon to pack stuffing into the cap without breaking. Scatter shredded parmesan cheese on top of each stuffed mushroom.
- Bake stuffed mushrooms in the oven for 10 to 20 minutes or until the cheese turn brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.