WRAPPED BACON AND SCALLOPS
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- 1.5 lb large scallops
- 1 lb low-sodium maple bacon
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 gloves fresh garlic, diced
- 1 tsp mushroom seasoning
- 1 lemon, cut
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut sliced bacon in halves. Using a non-stick frying pan, cook bacon pieces for 1 minute on each side. Do not over cook bacon. Set aside.
- Use a non-stick sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add diced fresh garlic and cook until golden brown. Add mushroom seasoning and black pepper. Set aside.
- Rince scallops with cold water. Drain and use paper towels to dry off scallops. Use toothpicks to wrap partially cooked bacon around scallops.
- Baste bacon wrapped scallops with seasoned butter from step 2 on all sides.
- Scatter garlic powder and garlic powder on bacon wrapped scallops on all sides.
- Pre-heat oven to broil. Cook wrapped bacon and scallops in oven for 10-15 minutes. Flip sides at half way point and baste the remaining seasoned butter over the scallops.
- Scatter chopped cilantro and squeezed lemon over scallops. Ready to serve.