PREP TIME: 30 minutes
SERVES: 2 cups
TOTAL COOKING TIME:
- Whole pineapple
- 1-2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1 cup peppers, diced (any combo of red, orange, yellow or green)
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 limes
- Salt & pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional)
- Scoops or tortilla chips
- To make the pineapple bowl, cut about 1/3 of the pineapple off lengthwise, leaving the stem attached to the larger piece of the pinepple. Make a cut around the outer edge and make cuts across the middle. Use a metal spoon to loosen and scoop out the pineapple chunks; pour the extra juice out so bowl is emply.
- Dice the pineapple chunks, tomatoes, peppers, and onions.
- In a bowl, mix together pineapple, tomatoes, peppers, onions, chopped cilantro, juice from 2 limes, salt and pepper.
- Transfer salsa to pineapple bowl and serve with Scoops or tortilla chips.