Steamers with Bay Leaves
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
GARLIC BUTTER & STEAMERS
INGREDIENTS - STEAMERS
- 2 lbs steamers
- 2 cups water
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 sweet valdalia onion, sliced
INGREDIENTS - GARLIC BUTTER
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp fresh garlic, diced
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- Merlot salt, pinch
- To make garlic butter for dipping the steamers, use a non-stick pan, melt 4 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp fresh diced garlic and cook until golden brown. Add a pinch of merlot salt and 1/8 black pepper. Stir frequently for 1 minute. Put to aside.
- To cook steamers, add water, bay leaves and onion to a steamer or lobster pot; bring to a boil.
- Add steamers and cover pot; cook over high heat for 12 minutes until all steamers open. Throw away any steamers that remain closed.
- Serve with garlic butter and garlic toasted french bread (see below).
GARLIC FRENCH BREAD
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 gloves fresh garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano shredded cheese
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add garlic, cook until light brown. Add salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Brush garlic butter on both sides of french bread slices.
- Spread parmigiano shredded cheese on top side of each French bread slices.
- Toast bread in a toaster oven until cheese melted. Remove from toaster and put aside.