Steamed Mussels with Chilis
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 gloves diced fresh garlic
- 1 ¼ white wine
- 1 Qt fish stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, diced
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 2 fresh chiles, sliced
- 2 lbs mussels
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 4 shallots onions, chopped
- 1 oz ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, diced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pot over low heat. Add garlic, jalapeno peppers, shallots, ginger and celery. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add chiles, thyme and rosemary and transfer to a bowl.
- Add fish stock, white wine, parsley into pot over high heat to boil. Add mussels. Cover and steam for approximately 5 minutes or until mussels open. Remove mussels with a slotted spoon into a serving dish. Discard any mussels that have not opened.
- Add vegetables from step 1 to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat.
- Add heavy cream, chopped cilantro, parsley, salt, black pepper.
- Pour sauce over mussels. Serve with garlic french bread.
Garlic French Bread
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 gloves fresh garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup parmigiano shredded cheese
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add garlic, cook until light brown. Add salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Brush garlic butter on both sides of french bread slices.
- Spread parmigiano shredded cheese on top side of each french bread slices.
- Toast bread in a toaster oven until cheese melted. Remove from toaster and put aside.