Easy Foccacia Bread
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups lukewarm
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 1/4 ounce envelope active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for hands
- 1 tbsp butter for pan
- Flaky sea salt
- Combine water, honey and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add flour and salt and mix to combine.
- Add olive oil to a large bowl and transfer in the dough. Coat dough in oil, cover and let chilll until dough has doubled in size.
- Deflate dough and form into rough ball by using two forks to lift and fold dough over.
- Add olive oil to a buttered baking dish and tranfer dough in.
- Turn the dough to coat it in oil and let it rise again.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Once the dough is nice and airy dimple with fingertips and drizzel with olive oil. Sprinkle flaky salt and rosemary.
- Bake until puffed and golden.