Easy Irish Bread
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 1 hour
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of carraway seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- Mix the first 5 ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and carraway seeds.
- Cut butter in dry blend ingredients. Add raisins.
- Beat together egg and milk. Add the flour mixture (batter will be stiff).
- Put into greased loaf pan (9 5/8 x 5 ½ x 2 ¾ ).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook bread for 1 hour. Remove bread from oven when done.
- Sprinkle top with sugar. Let cool before removing from pan.