Maine Crabmeat Breakfast Pie
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 40 minutes
- 1 bunch chopped scallions (about 6)
- 1 large chopped red pepper
- 6 ounces crabmeat
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs (3 slices white bread)
- Butter for pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10-inch quiche pan.
- Whisk eggs until blended. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake until set approximately 40 minutes.
- Cut into pie-shaped pieces, garnish with scallions and serve hot.
- Good served with broiled tomatoes halves in the winter or good sliced tomatoes in the summer.