Strawberry Candy Cane Puff Pastry
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 12 minutes
- 1 sheet Phyllo dough or 1 1/2 cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 1/2 packages (12 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3/4 can strawberry pie filling
- 1 egg, beaten
- Thaw Phyllo dough or crescent dough according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment.
- For Phyllo dough, slightly roll dough and cut triangles on one side of long end of dough. Slightly bend one end to make curved candy cane shape. OR
- For crescent dough, unroll crescent dough into 16 triangles. Place 1 triangle sideways at bottom of prepared baking sheet. Place second triangle above first triangle, overlapping long edges by 1/2 inch. Repeat with remaining dough triangles to form candy cane, reversing points of triangles as necessary to make curved candy cane shape.
- Mix cream cheese and 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar and spread on inside (non cut side) of dough. Add strawberry pie filling to top.
- Starting at bottom of candy cane, fold points of dough triangles over filling, pressing points into dough on opposite side to seal.
- Brush beaten egg on dough.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar.