Tannenbaum Tree Cookies
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
SERVES: 5 batches
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 15 - 17 minutes
- 7 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup unsifted powdered sugar
- Pinch cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar. Beat until light. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Beat in lemon juice.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, and salt. Sift into mixture and fold in. Beat until smooth.
- Butter cookie molds generously.
- Fill each star until just under top.
- With wet finger, level out dough filling to points of stars.
- Place on middle shelf of oven.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheets.
- Repeat for number of desired trees.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Beat at low speed until well blended.
- Beat medium to high speed 6-7 minutes, until thick.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Start with largest cookie, rounded side up, skewer point up.
- Icing in between each cookie.
- See picture for decorating.