Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
LEMON BUNDT CAKE
- 1 (18.25 oz.) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix, then stir in the oil. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the lemon-lime soda.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 lb cream cheese (2x 8 oz. bars), room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 3/4 tsp finely grated lemon zest, plus 4 tsp juice
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and confectioners' sugar on medium speed until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- beat in lemon zest and juice.
- Refrigerate frosting, covered, about 15 minutes so frosting is lightly set but still runny.