Asparagus Tomato Pasta
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- 16 thin stalks fresh asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 medium plum (roma) tomatoes, seeded and chopped (2 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 9 oz package angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- Trim asparagus and rince in cold water. Remove the tips, set aside.
- Bias-slice remaining asparagus stalks into 1 - 1 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over mediumheat. Add garlic and black pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add asparagus stalks, wine and salt to mixture. Cook, uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus tips. Cook uncovered for another 1 minute. Add butter, stir until melted.
- Concurrently, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- Return pasta to pan and toss with asparagus mixture and basil. Ready to serve.