Creamy Lemon Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- 1-1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 lemons, zested and juice reserved
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 pound rotini pasta
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Set a large pot of water to boil.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the cream, the lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until it starts to thicken.
- Meanwhile, add some salt to the boiling water and add the pasta; cook according to the directions on the package, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta and place it back into the pot. Immediately add the cream mixture and cook it over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, until most of the sauce has been absorbed in the pasta.
- Take the pot off heat and add the spinach, Parmesan, and tomatoes. Toss well until the spinach has wilted. Season to taste, and serve hot.