Sommerfest and Biergarten Nudel Gratin
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch ground white pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cooked elbow macaroni
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 16×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl, whisking to combine. Toss cheeses together in a small bowl until combined; remove 1 cup cheese and set aside. Stir remaining cheeses into cream mixture.
- Cook macaroni until just tender; drain and add cream mixture, stirring immediately. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, and sprinkle reserved cheese over top of noodles.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Serve warm.