Creamy Mushroom and Bacon Pasta
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 25 minutes
- 4 slices thick-cut low sodium bacon
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 12 oz. orecchiette pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesean cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 tsp merlot salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp mushroom seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package instructions al denta. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve drippings.
- Bring the reserved bacon drippings to medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms, salt, black pepper and mushroom seasoning. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and browned.
- Add heavy cream to skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Crumble bacon and add to skillet.
- Stir in pasta and chopped chives. Heat thorough. Serve while hot.