BUCATINI PASTA WITH GARLIC BUTTER
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- 8 oz bucatini pasta noodles
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1/8 merlot salt
- 1/8 black pepper
- 10 cloves fresh garlic, diced
- 1/8 red pepper
- ¼ cup white wine (Pinot Grigio)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- Toasted olive oil breadcrums (optional)
- ½ cup sweet valadia onions, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Cook bucatini pasta according to package instructions or until al dente (firm when bitten). Add olive oil and 1 tbsp chopped parsley. Mix well and keep warm in a large bow.
- Bring 2 tbsp olive oil to hot in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, shiitakes mushrooms, salt, pepper. Saute for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Spoon into a bowl and keep warm.
- Using same saucepan, add ¼ cup olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until golden brown. Add red pepper flakes, white wine, butter. Season with salt and pepper. Lower heat to simmer.
- Add the sauteed shiitake mushroom from Step 2, baby spinach leaves, chopped parsley and cooked bucatini noodles. Toss gently to combine everything. Add Romano cheese and continue to toss gently.
- Serve in bowls. Add extra Romano cheese with toasted olive oil breadcrumbs.