STIR-FRY BEEF WITH LEMONGRASS
PREP TIME: 1 hour
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- 2 lbs angus sirloin beef steak
- 2 stems fresh lemongrass
- 6 cloves minced garlic gloves, diced
- 2 tbsp or 4 shallot Onions
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp onion powder, divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tsp lemongrass powder
- 2 tsp mushroom seasoning
- 3 tsp vegetables oil
- 2 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- ½ tp scallion
- ½ tsp cilantro
- Clean and cut beef into thin slices. Add 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, lemongrass powder, 1 tsp sesame oil.
- Chop and dice lemon grass very fine using food processor.
- Peel, dice garlic and shallot onion.
- Using a large non-stick frying pan, heat up vegetables oil over medium heat. Add garlic and fry until golden brown. Add beef, sesame oil, brown sugar, mushroom powder. Fry beef for 1 minute.
- Add lemongrass, shallot onion, fish sauce (optional). Cook for additional 1 minute.
- Add sliced scallion, stir well. Remove lemongrass beef from heat.
- Serve Lemongrass beef over jasmin rice with sprinkled cut scallion and cilantro.