SWEET SAUSAGE STIR-FRY WITH NAPA CABBAGE
PREP TIME: 1 hour
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
- 1 ½ lb Napa cabbage
- 3 Chinese sweet sausage (5-6 oz.)
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, diced
- 5 oz vermelli Noodles
- Note: If desired, substitute Chinese sweet sausage with chicken, pork and tofu
- Cornstarch slurry: 2 tsp of cornstarch and 1 tbsp cold water
- In a small bowl, soak vermelli noodles in cold water for 8-10 minutes.
- Using a non-stick pan, add 1 tsp canala oil and bring to hot over medium heat. Add sausage until golden brown on all sides. Remove sausage from heat. Slice sausage diagonally ¼ inch thick. Set aside.
- Rinse the outside of napa cabbage and remove any yellow or discolored leaves. Split the cabbage in half through the root and then cut each half into quarters. Cut cabbage into 2 inch sections.
- Heat 1 tsp canola oil in a wok over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and cook until golden brown. Add sausage and grated ginger and stir well. Increase heat to high.
- Add cabbage and stir for another 1 minute. Add chicken broth, cover the wok and reduce heat to medium-high. Simmer for 2 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add salt, sugar to season. Add vermelli noodles and mix well.
- Add cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. Transfer to dish and serve hot.