Grilled Thai-Glazed Chicken
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
SERVES: 4 to 6
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
- 3 Lbs Chicken Quarters
- 1 Can (13.5 oz) Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Stem Diced Fresh Lemon Grass
- 2 Tbsp Grated Zest Lime Skin
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Sliced Fresh Jalapeno (Garnish)
- ½ Tbsp Red Pepper
- ½ Tbsp Onion Powder
- ½ Tbsp Garlic Powder
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro, Scallion (Garnish)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Diced Garlic
- ½ Tbsp Dry Minced Onion
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dry Lemon Grass Powder
- Cut chicken quarters into drum sticks and thighs. Remove chicken skins and fat.
- Cut fresh lemon grass into small pieces and dice very thin using a food processor.
- Cut and chop diced fresh parsley
- Grate 1 whole lime skin. Squeeze lime juice. Set aside.
- Place chicken into a large mixing bowl. Add fish sauce, sesame oil, lime zest, onion powder, diced garlic, coconut milk, brown sugar, diced lemon grass, lime juice, red pepper, garlic powder, fresh diced parsley. Mix well. Marinade overnight for 24 hours.
- Grill chicken over low to medium heat. Use extra marinade to paste each time chicken is flipped.
- Remove chicken when done. Add cut jalapeno, scallion and cilantro as garnish. Ready to serve.