Pork Stew (Thi Gho)
PREP TIME: 1 hour
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 5 hours
- 3 Lbs Pork Butt
- 9 Eggs
- 2 Vidalia Sweet Onion
- 1 Bunch Scallion
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 x 16 Oz Coconut Juice
- 1/8 Cup Fish Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Mushroom Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Minced Onion
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Pork Seasoning
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil, Divided
- 6 Gloves Fresh Garlic
- 1 Tsp Mushroom Seasoning
- Jasmin Rice, Cilantro, cut scallion
- Clean Pork with cold water. Pad dry with paper towel. Cut pork into square pieces roughly 2” long.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pork, salt, sesame oil, garlic powder, minced onion, sugar, black pepper, mushroom seasoning, minced garlic, pork seasoning. Mix well. Let pork marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring cups of water to boil. Add eggs and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cold water to pot with eggs until cold enough to touch. Use a spoon to crack eggs and remove shelves.
- Using a large frying pan, add 1 Tsp Olive Oil and bring to medium heat. Add boiled eggs and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Mince 2 gloves of garlic
- Clean remaining 4 gloves of garlic. Cut garlic into thin slices.
- Clean scallion and cut the scallion white parts into 1” pieces.
- Using a large frying pan, add 1 Tsp Olive Oil and garlic. Bring to medium heat. Add pork and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer pork into a large pot. Add sweet onion, fried boiled eggs, coconut juice, fish sauce, cut garlic (Step 7). Cook pork over low heat for 4 hours.
- Serve pork over Jasmin rice, cut scallion, cilantro and soy sauce (Optional)