Sausages and Peppers
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
SERVES: 4 to 6
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 30 hours
- 1 Sweet Sausage Package (6 Links)
- 2 Large Green Peppers
- 1 Hot Sausage Package (6 Links)
- 1 Large Red Peppers
- 2 Tbsp Diced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- ½ Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Basil Leaves
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Vidalia Sweet Onion
- 1 Tsp Mushroom Seasoning
- Split and Cut Sausage Links into halves. Lightly season sausage with Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Black Pepper
- Prepare mixing spices with Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Onion Powder, Basic leaves, Paprika, Mushroom Seasoning
- Cut Green Peppers, Red Pepper, Sweet Onion into ¼ inch slices and place in a disposable cooking pan. Add Olive Oil, Diced Garlic and mixing spices from Step 2. Mix peppers and onion thoroughly. Cover disposable pan with Foil.
- Preheat BBQ Grill on High Heat. When ready to cook lower heat to Low level.
- Cook Sausages on both sides until golden brown. Remove sausages from grill.
- Turn BBQ Grill to High Heat. Place marinated Peppers and Onion covered with Aluminum Foil onto grill and cook for 5 min with grill cover closed.
- Carefully open the foil and stir the peppers and onion. Recover the Aluminum Foil and cook for another 3 min with grill closed. Remove pan when peppers and onion are softened
- Sausages with Peppers and Onion are ready to serve with toasted sub rolls.