Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
SHRIMP & OTHER INGREDIENTS
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup ceavy ceam or half & half
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb jumbo raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 box spaghetti pasta
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs finely chopped, for garnish
- After thawing the shrimp, rinse and add a squeeze of lemon then pat dry. Season with black pepper, fresh garlic (3 cloves) and set aside.
- Break broccoli down into smaller, bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions or until al dente.
- In a non-stick pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp, working in batches if needed and sauté for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until just about cooked through and pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add broccoli to the same pan and a spoonful of pasta water and cook until broccoli is tender crisp. Set aside with the shrimp.
- In a sauce pot, over medium heat, add the butter, cream or milk, cream cheese, chicken broth and garlic. Whisk cheese mixture until melted and combined. Then, stir in the parmesan cheese and black pepper into the sauce. Let it simmer for about a minute or until incorporated and smooth.
- Slowly stir in cooked pasta (a little at a time to ensure your desired sauciness), shrimp, and broccoli. Top with additional parmesan cheese and fresh herbs if desired. Serve hot.