Stir Fried Beef with Pan-Fried Noodles
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
SERVES: 1 to 2
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
NOTE: Beef Tendons can be added to this dish for authenticity to Chinese cooking
- 1 lb Cooked Angus Beef Brisket
- ½ lb Chinese Broccoli
- ½ Tbsp Hoison Sauce
- ½ Tbsp Low-Sodium Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tsp Diced Ginger
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tsp Beef Flavor Broth Seasoning Mix
- 1/8 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp Corn Starch & 1 Tbsp cold water (slurry)
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil, divided
- 12 oz Chow Mein Pan-Fried Noodles
- Using a large frying pan, add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and bring to hot over low heat. Add egg noodles and cook on each side for 2 minutes. Remove noodles from heat and put aside.
- Using a deep sauce pan, add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and bring to hot over medium heat. Add ginger, cook until golden brown but not burnt.
- Prepare slurry. Mix 2 Tsp corn starch to 1 Tbsp cold water. Mix well. Put to aside.
- Add beef broth, hoison sauce, oyster sauce, beef flavor seasoning mix, black pepper. Whisk sauce over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add slurry to sauce. Whish for another minute until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and put aside.
- Using a large wok, add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and bring to hot over medium heat. Add pre-cooked beef brisket and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Chinese broccoli, cook for another 2 min with wok covered
- Add sauce from Step 5. Mix beef with Chinese broccoli.
- Using a large non-stick pan, add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and bring to hot over low heat. Add Chow Mein noodles and cook until golden brown and crispy. Ready to serve over pan fried noodles from Step 1.