Vietnamese Egg Rolls
PREP TIME: 4 hours
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 2 hours
- 1 lb ground pork
- ½ cup crab meat
- 1 lb raw shrimp, deshelved, cleaned
- ½ cup sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup Carrots, shedded
- 1 cup jicima, shedded
- ¼ cup mushroom, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried black fungus (sea weeds), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Mushroom seasoning
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp low-sodium oyster sauce (Oriental Mascot)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Tuong Gia Vi seasoning sauce (Golden Mountain)
- Bean thread noodles (Longkao)
- Eggroll wrapper, rice vermicelli (Bun) noodle, fish sauce
- Vegetables: bean sprouts, mint, basil, cilantro
- Soak dried black fungus (sea weed) and bean thread in separate bowls and cold water for 30 mins or until soften.
- Using a food processor, finely chop pork, shrimp, onions, wood ears, carrots, jicima. Put aside.
- Cut bean thread noodles into 1” in length.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add pork, shrimp, crab meat, onions, wood ears, carrots, jicima and bean thread. Mix well.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, oyster sauce, seasoning sauce. Mix well.
- To roll egg roll, submerge egg roll wrapper into hot water and remove immediately as it will soften. Spoon egg roll mixture onto egg roll wrapper. Roll egg roll and wet the edge of wrapper with beaten eggs to prevent wrapper coming apart during frying. Repeat step until all mixtures are used into egg rolls.
- For frying egg rolls using a deep fryer, see Step 8. For frying egg rolls using an air fryer, see Step 9.
- Using a deep fryer, heat up 10 cups of vegetable oil at 375 degrees, deep fry (6 egg rolls) egg rolls until golden brown. Remove from heat onto large plate on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- For frying using an air fryer, set frying setting to 12 minutes at 400 degrees. Baste egg rolls with olive oil to prevent sticking. Flip egg rolls at 6 minutes mark. Ready to serve.