Baked Stuffed Potatoes
PREP TIME: 0 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
- 6 large potatoes, fully baked and cooled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub the potatoes clean under running water. Poke each potato in several places with the tines of a fork so that when the potatoes are cooking they don't explode.
- Rub the potatoes all over with a little olive oil. Place directly on the middle or top rack of the oven.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through. They should give a little when pressed.
- Allow the potatoes to cool to touch. Slice the top third lengthwise off the potato.
- Reheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the insides, forming a potato "canoe", leaving about 1/4 inch of potato on the skin.
- Place the scooped out potato insides, cheese, egg, milk, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher. Do not over-beat the potatoes!
- Bake on cookie sheet for 30-45 minutes
- Dollop with sour cream and add scallions.