Sauteed String Beans with Cherry Tomatoes
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp merlot salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh garlic, diced (1-2 large gloves)
- 1 tsp chicken boullion seasoning
- Place green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer until the green beans are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain off the water and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced garlic and cook until golden brown. Add string beans, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, garlic powder, chicken buillion seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are soft.
- Stir in the basil and serve immediately.