Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
- 12 ounce orzo
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 lemon, wedged
- Bring 2 large pots of water to boil. Add a big pinch of salt in each.
- To one pot, add asparagus and blanch, about 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Place blanched asparagus in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and keep them green.
- To the second pot, add the orzo. Cook per package instructions. When tender, drain and place in a large bowl. Add blanched asparagus and tomato halves.
- Mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir into orzo and vegetables. Stir in parsley and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Add lemon wedges for garnish.