PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces white, cremini, or baby bella mushrooms, washed and cut in half
- ½ teaspoon merlot salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (see note)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (2-4 medium-sized cloves)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tbsp mushroom seasoning
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add dice garlic and cook until golden brown. Add mushrooms and season with mushroom seasoning, salt and pepper. Quickly toss to coat mushrooms with the oil and then spread them into a single layer.
- Cook for 1-2 on medium-high heat without stirring. Stir once, trying to flip to brown both sides; cook for 2 more minutes without stirring.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add butter and fresh parsley until mushrooms are fully cooked, butter is melted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.