Sweet Potato Mash with Lime Salsa
PREP TIME: 0 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- 2 limes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash, clean sweet potatoes. Leave skin unpeeled. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Zest lime to get 2 tsp. Juice the rest of lime to get 1 tsp.
- Rub sweet potatoes with 2 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Place on parchment-lined sheet, cut-side down. Roast for 30-35 min or until soft.
- While potatoes cooking, make salsa. Put 3 tbsp olive oil into small bowl, add basil, cilantro, diced garlic, lime zest, lime juice, a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Once potatoes cooked. Remove from oven and let it cool down. Once cool enough to handle, remove skin. Marsh potatoes flesh together with a pinch of salt and black pepper until smooth.
- Transfer to a platter. Create divots in the surface and spoon lime salsa over it. Ready to serve while hot.
- (Optional) Brush potatoes skin with olive oil and roast in oven for 8 minutes at 425 degrees as chip-like snack.