Vietnamese Cabbage Salad
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 1 hour
- 1 whole white cabbage, shedded
- 1 large boneless chicken breast
- 2 sweet onion
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp rau ram, chopped
- 1 tbsp peanuts (optional), crushed
- 1 tsp chicken boullion seasoning
- 3 tbsp Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar rock
- 1 tsp fried onion
- Using a small sauce pan, boil 4 cups of water. Add 1 tsp chicken boullion seasoning, sugar rock, chicken breast. Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until tender. Shed chicken into small pieces. Let chicken cool.
- Wash white cabbage, drain dry. Shed cabbage.
- Slice sweet onion into thin slices.
- Wash rau ram, drain dry. Cut and chop rau ram into small pieces
- Using a large mixing bowl, marinate by mixing sweet onion, white cabbage, salt, black pepper, white vinegar, sugar.
- Add chopped rau ram, chicken, fish sauce. Serve with sprinkle of crushed peanuts (Optional) and fried red onion.