Vietnamese Cabbage Salad
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 1 hour
- 1 Whole White Cabbage, Shedded
- 1 Large Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 Vidalia Sweet Onion
- 3 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1.5 Tbsp Sugar
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Rau Ram, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Peanuts (Optional), Crushed
- 1 Tsp Chicken Soup Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp Vietnamese Fish Sauce (See Section 5.1)
- 1 Tsp Sugar Rock
- 1 Tsp Fried Onion
- Using a small sauce pan, boil 4 cups of water. Add 1 Tbsp Chicken Soup Seasoning, Sugar Rock, chicken breast. Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until tender. Shed chicken into small pieces. Let chicken cool.
- Wash White Cabbage, drain dry. Shed cabbage.
- Step 2: Slide Sweet Onion into thin slices
- Wash Rau Ram, drain dry. Cut and chop Rau Ram into small pieces
- Using a large mixing bowl, marinate by mixing sweet onion, white cabbage, salt, black pepper, white vinegar, sugar.
- Add chopped rau ram, chicken, fish sauce. Serve with sprinkle of crushed peanuts (Optional) and Fried Red Onion