Sweet Potato Mash with Lime Salsa
PREP TIME: 0 minutes
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
- 2 Lbs Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Basil Leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
- ½ Garlic Glove, diced
- 2 Limes
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash, clean sweet potatoes. Leave skin unpeeled. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Zest lime to get 2 Tsp. Juice the rest of lime to get 1 Tbsp
- Rub sweet potatoes with 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil and a pinch of salt. Place on parchment-lined sheet, cut-side down. Roast for 30-35 min or until soft.
- While potatoes cooking, make salsa. Put 3 Tbsp Olive Oil into small bowl, add basil, cilantro, diced garlic, lime zest, lime juice, a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Once potatoes cooked. Remove from oven and let it cool down. Once cool enough to handle, remove skin. Marsh potatoes flesh together with a pinch of salt and black pepper until smooth.
- Transfer to a platter. Create divots in the surface and spoon lime salsa over it. Ready to serve while hot.
- (Optional) Brush potatoes skin with olive oil and roast in oven for 8 minutes at 4250F as chip-like snack.